Disaster recovery funding
When a natural disaster occurs local governments are required to take certain disaster recovery measures for the protection of the public and to restore local government service delivery and infrastructure.
Some of the expenditure for those measures may be eligible for funding from the Northern Territory Government, through the Department of Local Government, Housing and Community Development.
Disaster Recovery Funding - Guidelines for events after 1 November 2018
These guidelines and templates clarify the funding available for disaster recovery activities and assist councils with the preparation of claims. They are based on the June 2018 Commonwealth Government Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
- Provisional guidelines – Disaster Recovery Funding for Local Governments in the Northern Territory
- Application template – Damage Assessment Form
- Application template – Counter Disaster Operations
- Application template – Emergency and Immediate Works
- Application template – Essential Asset Reconstruction – Detailed Damage Assessment and Cost Estimates
- Application template – Essential Public Asset Pre-disaster Function
- Application template – Council Acquittal Spreadsheet
NDRRA - Guidelines for events before 1 November 2018
Disaster recovery funding for events before 1 November 2018 is based on the previous Commonwealth Government Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).
- NDRRA Presentation to Councils
- Criteria - NDRRA
- Application - Grant Funding Request template
- NDRRA Determination Attachment C - Essential Public Assets Approval Form
- NDRRA Determination Attachment H - Eligibility Enquiry Form
- NDRRA Council acquittal spreadsheet
Phone: (08) 8999 8571
Last updated: 16 May 2019