Disaster recovery funding
When a natural disaster occurs local governments are required to take certain disaster recovery measures for the protection of the public and to restore local government service delivery and infrastructure.
Some of the expenditure for those measures may be eligible for funding from the Northern Territory Government, through the Department of Local Government, Housing and Community Development.
These guidelines and templates clarify the funding available for disaster recovery activities and assist councils with the preparation of claims. They are based on the June 2018 Commonwealth Government Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
- Guidelines – Disaster Recovery Funding for Local Governments in the Northern Territory PDF, 342.26 KB
- Application template – Damage Assessment Form DOCX, 3371.08 KB
- Application template – Counter Disaster Operations XLSX, 41.99 KB
- Application template – Emergency and Immediate Works XLSX, 228.08 KB
- Application template – Essential Asset Reconstruction – Detailed Damage Assessment and Cost Estimates XLSX, 97.55 KB
- Application template – Essential Public Asset Pre-disaster Function XLSX, 37.81 KB
- Application template – Council Acquittal Spreadsheet XLSX, 513.02 KB
Disaster recovery funding for events before 1 November 2018 is based on the previous Commonwealth Government Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).
- NDRRA Presentation to Councils PDF, 453.3 KB
- Criteria - NDRRA PDF, 109.36 KB
- Application - Grant Funding Request template DOCX, 39.96 KB
- NDRRA Determination Attachment C - Essential Public Assets Approval Form DOCX, 96.84 KB
- NDRRA Determination Attachment H - Eligibility Enquiry Form DOCX, 78.93 KB
- NDRRA Council acquittal spreadsheet XLSX, 512.95 KB
Last updated: 14 August 2019