$69 Million Stimulus Package Announced
The Department of Local Government, Housing and Community Development is finalising the delivery of the $69 million stimulus package to the urban and regional construction sector, through much needed repairs, maintenance and upgrades to public housing.
The work has included both major and minor works, and was available to both large and small businesses
- complex upgrades (lighting, fencing, security, landscaping, roofing, facades, internal work)
- upgrades and restoration of vacant dwellings
- urgent infrastructure and housing work in town camps
- rejuvenation of community halls in Seniors Complexes
- roofing upgrades
- preventative maintenance, including pest treatment
- security upgrades
This package aimed to create an immediate economic injection into the sector and support local jobs.
Industry briefing sessions were held in Darwin, Katherine, Alice Springs and Tennant Creek in March.
Last updated: 01 February 2019