Town Camps Reform Framework now available
The Building our communities, together Town Camps Reform Framework 2019-2024
The framework is a medium to long term commitment, addressing key reform areas across the town camps. It has five outcome areas to support community change:
- Outcome one: residents and their community are independent, safe and thriving
- Outcome two: housing choices and support services are people centred, flexible and suitable to town camps
- Outcome three: strengthen and develop the Aboriginal Community Housing sector through capacity building, regulation and transfer of housing and asset management
- Outcome four: land tenure, infrastructure and leasing arrangement are fit-for-community purpose
- Outcome five: create local jobs and support the local economy.
Each town camp will have a five-year investment plan outlining housing and infrastructure funding.
The department will also support and facilitate local decision making through the development of community-specific action plans for each town camp or region. Each action plan will be developed in partnership with local residents, key organisations, government and local councils.
For more information please contact the Town Camps Futures Unit.